Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Verdict is in: Michael Baisden Suit

What Say You? A Houston Federal Court reached a verdict in the copyright infringement lawsuit filed by Michael Baisden. The mixed verdict allows for the return of Baisden’s copyrighted rights and allows him to proceed with upcoming movie and television projects.

In the lawsuit, Baisden claimed damages from past conduct of I’m Ready Productions and Image Entertainment for the unauthorized distribution of DVD’s based on two of his best-selling novels The Maintenance Man and Men Cry in the Dark.

I’m Ready Productions filed a counterclaim against Baisden seeking compensation related to a movie based on one of Baisden’s best-sellers that Baisden had originally planned to write and produce. In the end, neither Baisden nor the defendants were awarded monetary damages. “I have mixed feelings about the case.

On the one hand I am ecstatic that my copyrighted rights have been returned to me to allow me to proceed with upcoming movie and TV projects without continued interference from Image and I'm Ready Productions,” said Michael Baisden.

The Urban Buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment